I am a professional coach, trainer and coaching mentor with over 27 years’ experience working in large, high pressure corporate environments.
I started coaching in 2005 and have coached executives in a Fortune 50 company and a major UK financial services organisation, as well as coaching private individuals.
My early coaching work was traditional business coaching incorporating Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). I started out running workshops, coaching individuals and executives and delivering NLP training alongside my consulting career.
Over the years, my coaching style has evolved a lot. It has been greatly influenced by:
- Sydney Banks’ spiritual work, The Three Principles.
- Nancy Kline’s work, Time To Think.
- Robert Holden’s coaching work with the Enneagram.
- Bill Cumming’s work, What Every Person Can Do.
- Katie Abbott’s work, Pause Place.
My work today is still about success, but with a spiritual and self-care angle. I am not interested in success without wellness. I don’t believe in the old idea of chasing success in order to become happy. I believe in working on our success projects because we’re happy.
I live in Maidstone and work internationally through Zoom video conferencing.
My skill areas and qualifications
- Professional coach since 2005.
- Advanced Master Practitioner and Trainer of NLP and Hypnosis.
- Certified Advanced Presence Intelligence Coach.
- Certified Advanced Pause Place Practitioner and Mentor.
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT).
- Coaching and the Enneagram.
- Coaching from the ‘Inside-Out’ (Three Principles) understanding.
- Convener of the ‘What One Person Can Do’ programme.
Brief career highlights
- Coached individuals and executives since 2005.
- Created Stephen Woolston Training and Consultancy in 2006.
- Delivered public NLP training courses since 2007.
- Delivered communication skills and productivity workshops into businesses since 2009.
- Coached executives in a global Fortune 50 company as part of a high profile executive development programme.
- Taught ‘Coaching Essentials’ to coaches and managers in the same Fortune 50 company.
- Pause Place programme mentor in 2017 and 2018.
My teachers over the many years I’ve studied are as diverse as they are distinguished:
- Dr. Richard Bandler, co-creator of NLP.
- John LaValle.
- Paul McKenna.
- Eric Robbie.
- Owen Fitzpatrick.
- Gabriel Guerrero.
- Michael Neill.
- Ron Perry.
- Michael Perez.
- Chris Morris.
- Dr. Robert Holden.
- Katie Abbott and Pause Place .
- Bill Cumming.
- Philip Farber.
- And in my early NLP training John Plester and Sue Bayliss .
Stephen is one of those few who continuously searches for new ideas. He asks intelligent questions and can figure out his own answers as well. Plus he is a great guy. Give yourself a chance and meet him.
Gabriel Guerrero, Master Trainer of NLP
A little photo history
Me with NLP co-creator Richard Bandler at the NLP Trainer Training I did with Paul McKenna Training, in London, back in 2006.
Me with NLP Master Trainer Gabriel Guerrero when I studied at the NLP Advanced Master Practitioner training in London, in 2008.
With Owen Fitzpatrick, Ron Perry and Eric Robbie, the other Master Trainers leading the same NLP Advanced Master Practitioner course.
With Elsie Spittle, the famous Three Principles teacher at one of Katie Abbott’s Pauce Place weekends in 2017. It was something Elsie said to me that precipitated my idea of The Peaceful Influencers.
Me teaching NLP and hypnosis in 2011.
Me teaching NLP Master Practitioners in 2008.
Katie Abbott and participants of Pause Place in 2016.